Thursday, May 19, 2011

Cabestan Watch

Sometimes a watch measures your status in society. Sometimes it's used as an accessory or a fashion statement. Whatever your reasons are, these top 10 unique and weird watches are definitely conversation starters at your next party.

Cabestan Watch
Let's be honest, this unique piece is quite ugly. To wind the watch, use the gigantic winding stem on the side. I'm not even certain how easy it is to tell time. There are only 135 of these watches made, released at the end of 2006 to the beginning of 2008. You have to be somebody or know somebody to get a hold of this bad boy and it comes with a ginormous price tag. So big that it isn't listed, but I have found other Cabestan watches to be in the $500K. Seriously, who would buy this?



Diesel DZ9024 Multi Display
I'll start you off pretty conservatively with a watch you may have seen before. With the Diesel Multi Display, you don't have to set your watch again and again if you're traveling everywhere. This is great because seriously, who has the patience to turn the dial to adjust the time anymore?

Seiko Earth Watch
I like this watch because the earth on the watch actually rotates every 24 hours. So for $600, you can have the world in your hands....or on your wrist.

TAG Heuer Diamond Fiction
If you know me, you know I love the bling. I had to put this on the list because, damn....this watch is hot. It has 879 diamonds and 54 LED lights that shine through to show you the time. According to TAG Heuer's website, this watch is "inestimable". In other words, it's only available to people who rob banks. I gotta go find the knock off...I'm in love!

Gucci LED Watch
This is not what I think of when I think of Gucci. This gadget is high tech and ultra sleek, including LED lights that display the time behind a sliding door. It looks heavy, but I would wear this watch even if it weighed a ton. Very futuristic!


Hologram Watch
You gotta love this. It's sleek, modern and the time displays on a hologram where there's negative space. It only displays the time when you want it to, otherwise, it doubles as a bracelet. Pink hologram AND silver modern bracelet? Omg...my birthday is in September and this is on the top of my wish list....anyone?....

Seiko Spectrum Bracelet Watch
This is my number one pick for the coolest watch I've found so far. It's so badass! It is a futuristic watch that displays time with....hold on to your seats....electronic ink!! It has tiny pixels so it redraws itself fluidly with very intricate lettering and the screen goes almost all the way around your wrist. The time displays when you press the button, so it's battery friendly and can go from a dark to light screen in an instant. There were only 1000 of these made and it retails for a whopping $5000 a piece. I am curious about one thing...how do you resize this baby? Eh if it's too big, I'll just wear it as an ankle bracelet! This watch is sweet! 

Cell Phone Watch
Again...a nerdy fashion don't! I find this watch a little awkward to talk on the phone while holding your wrist up to your ear. However, you can solve this problem by using the bluetooth feature. Yes guys, this cell phone watch features a 1.3 MP digital camera, bluetooth, mp4 videos AND has touchscreen capabilities. This certainly alleviates the problem of your cell phone being buried at the bottom of your purse.

PDA Watch
Remember when those big ugly caculator watches were popular? Well, things have definitely evolved since then. This watch features a 1.8 touch screen pad so you check your email, keep an address book, and surf the web...all right on your wrist. With a price tag of only $173, I know it's pretty tempting, but please refrain from the urges of becoming a nerdy fashion don't.

Lehotzky's Catepillar Watch
I added this watch because it's so different and unique. I'm curious to know what it feels like when the time changes. Inspired by a bulldozer track, the fabric of this watch rotates around the entire watch every hour. I have two questions: 1) Does it tickle when the time changes and 2) how do you tell the minutes? I'll let you know if I find out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...